Engage is a first-of-its-kind enterprise venture platform that dramatically accelerates startup growth and corporate innovation and is administered by the Enterprise Innovation Institute at Georgia Tech. 14 leading corporations – Chickfila, Coca-Cola, Cox Enterprises, Delta, Georgia Pacific, Georgia Power, Goldman Sachs, Honeywell, The Home Depot, Inspire Brands, Intercontinental Exchange, Invesco, UPS, and Wellstar Health System – partnered with the Georgia Institute of Technology and Invest Georgia, have backed the Engage fund, managed by Tech Square Ventures.
Informed by insights derived from corporate partners and cross-industry trends, we invest in startups from around the world. Post-investment, they enter an enterprise go-to-market program that accelerates the path to scale, working directly with corporate partners to implement pilots and contracts. At the same time, our corporate partners are empowered to strengthen their innovation capacity and learn from each other in a cross-disciplinary manner.
Interns at Engage will have the unique opportunity to learn about the go-to-market growth platform and venture fund by supporting the Engage team on the different aspects of working with our startups and corporate partners.
The internship program will bring together a team of talented graduate and undergraduate students across five roles – Investments Analyst, Insights Analyst, Design + Communications Analyst, Operations Analyst, and Data Scientist.
The Spring internship will begin in January and run through May with some flexibility in start and stop dates.The Summer internship will begin in May and run through August with some flexibility in start and stop dates. Students are required to work in the Engage office. Applicants should be creative, hardworking, self-motivated leaders with an interest in innovation and startups. The specific responsibilities and requirements for the Operations Internship are detailed below:
- Strategize, implement, and maintain initiatives that are vital to Engage’s bi-annual Go-To-Market program objectives.
- Set project deadlines and track progress for hybrid program logistics by helping the Program Manager stay on schedule with RSVPs/ guest lists, outreach campaigns, social media, audio/visual, seating needs, name tag/ handout prep, and coordinating with catering/ event staff.
- Creation and curation of video content generated during the program.
- Communicate program details with participating startup CEOs and teams, and serve as a general resource for Engage founders, corporate partners, investor network and community members.
- Ensure program goals are reached by overseeing multiple projects in conjunction with the design and insights team.
- Identify risks and opportunities across overlapping projects, conduct research, and produce report and presentation drafts.
- Take on other special projects and support duties as needed.
- Excellent communication, organizational, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to write professional communication and produce reports.
- Proficiency with Word, Excel, and PowerPoint a must. Adobe Creative Suite ability is a plus.
- Familiarity with no-code tools – Notion, Airtable, Canva – and have an affinity to automate repetitive processes is preferred.
- Experience managing events, executive administrative tasks, and running operations is a plus.
Location: Students should be able to work at the Engage Offices in Tech Square (Centergy One, 75 5th St NW, Suite 2100, Atlanta, GA).
Commitment: Summer positions are full-time. During the Spring and Fall, students should be able to commit 20 hours/week.
Weekly Group Meeting: In addition to their specific responsibilities, interns will meet weekly to listen to guest speakers, learn leadership skills, develop a deeper understanding of investing, hone business skills, and discuss progress on their projects.
Summary Report: At the conclusion of the internship, students will submit an Internship Report describing their internship work and explaining how they have attained the following learning objectives:
- Learn and apply concepts of accounting, marketing, and IT to develop quantitative or qualitative metrics to solve organizational problems.
- Demonstrate the ability to create and develop original ideas/concepts, integrate feedback/critique, and communicate ideas visually and verbally.
- Ability to work effectively in collaborative multi-disciplinary teams.
Application & Interview Process
Interested students will require their resume and a cover letter to complete the application form.
Selected students may be asked to interview by phone or video conference. These arrangements will be made via email with the chosen students directly. Interview decisions will also be conveyed by email.