Engage is a first-of-its-kind enterprise venture platform that dramatically accelerates startup growth and corporate innovation and is administered by the Enterprise Innovation Institute at Georgia Tech. 14 leading corporations – Chickfila, Coca-Cola, Cox Enterprises, Delta, Georgia Pacific, Georgia Power, Goldman Sachs, Honeywell, The Home Depot, Inspire Brands, Intercontinental Exchange, Invesco, UPS, and Wellstar Health System – partnered with the Georgia Institute of Technology and Invest Georgia, have backed the Engage fund, managed by Tech Square Ventures.
Informed by insights derived from corporate partners and cross-industry trends, we invest in startups from around the world. Post-investment, they enter an enterprise go-to-market program that accelerates the path to scale, working directly with corporate partners to implement pilots and contracts. At the same time, our corporate partners are empowered to strengthen their innovation capacity and learn from each other in a cross-disciplinary manner.
Interns at Engage will have the unique opportunity to learn about the go-to-market growth platform and venture fund by supporting the Engage team on the different aspects of working with our startups and corporate partners.
The internship program will bring together a team of talented graduate and undergraduate students across four roles – Investments Analyst, Insights Analyst, Design + Communications Analyst, and Operations Analyst.
The Spring internship will begin in January and run through May with some flexibility in start and stop dates.The Summer internship will begin in May and run through August with some flexibility in start and stop dates. Students are required to work in the Engage office. Applicants should be creative, hardworking, self-motivated leaders with an interest in innovation and startups. The specific responsibilities and requirements for the Insights Analyst Internship are detailed below:
- Assist leadership team in sourcing emerging startups and building market landscapes relevant to our corporate partners’ focus areas.
- Research markets and technologies trends to formulate a thesis on the future of the industry.
- Exploring multiple databases, journals, and news articles to unearth unique solutions and diligence new startups.
- Collaborate with leadership team to meet with promising startup teams.
- Construct startup one-pagers to communicate the advantages of top startups based on communications, product decks, and case studies.
- Work in small groups to produce deep-dives on emerging technologies, create brief summaries, long form presentations/reports, and relevant databases
- Openness to learn from diverse perspectives and collaborate on multidisciplinary teams. With enough research, you can develop a point of view on market and cultural trends. With enough debate, you are capable of changing that point of view.
- Excellent communication, organizational, and interpersonal skills. Ability to produce excellent written reports and deliver oral presentations.
- Experience with conducting research and analysis on industry sectors/trends.
- Self-starter who can work on a team with minimal guidance.
- Experience with no-code tools like Airtable, Notion, and the like to automate repetitive process is a plus.
- Experience in the consulting industry/ startup roles is a plus.
- Students with a high-degree of awareness of startups and great analytical skills will be given preference.
NOTE: Students with a coding background will have the opportunity to build and manage scrappers and database management tools to automatically update news articles, company information, and the like. Those with skills or experience in data management will be considered for additional positions beyond the two insights analyst roles indicated above.
Location: Students should be able to work at the Engage Offices in Tech Square (Centergy One, 75 5th St NW, Suite 2100, Atlanta, GA).
Commitment: Summer positions are full-time. During the Spring and Fall, students should be able to commit 20 hours/week.
Weekly Group Meeting: In addition to their specific responsibilities, interns will meet weekly to listen to guest speakers, learn leadership skills, develop a deeper understanding of investing, hone business skills, and discuss progress on their projects.
Summary Report: At the conclusion of the internship, students will submit an Internship Report describing their internship work and explaining how they have attained the following learning objectives:
- Apply strategic thinking skills and research methods to assist in the development of market evolution reports and briefs.
- Demonstrate the ability to create and develop original ideas/concepts, integrate feedback/critique, and communicate ideas visually and verbally.
- Ability to work effectively in collaborative multi-disciplinary teams.
Application & Interview Process
Interested students will require their resume and a cover letter to complete the application form.
Selected students may be asked to interview by phone or video conference. These arrangements will be made via email with the chosen students directly. Interview decisions will also be conveyed by email.